Discuz! Board's Archiver

sk1eiu8kje 發表於 2013-5-30 18:25

Vans Sk8 Hi The Scorpion King Black quilted

down right around a gift giving event so the replacement is called the gift ie: washer/dryer, vacuum,[url=http://www.vanscheapshoesvans0.com]Vans Sk8 Hi The Scorpion King Black[/url], stove, etc.  Also, both my husband and I love to cook and we love kitchen gadgets.  There is nothing that makes us happier than to receive something for the kitchen.  My mother bought my husband an electric pressure cooker for his birthday one year and it was the best gift he got in his opinion.  However,[url=http://www.vanscheapshoesvans0.com]vans shoes[/url], with that said, I am aware that there are people who would be offended to receive a pressure cooker as a gift.  The important thing is to know the person you are giving a gift to and make it appropriate for them.  I don't like to do gift certificates because it seems impersonal but there is one person who I will always buy a gift certificate for to his favorite restaurant because I know it's what he actually wants the most.  But maybe it's the spirit that is missing, I am always appreciative of any gift I receive, even if I end up returning it. I have never gotten offended but maybe I'm just lucky. Has anyone on here ever read the short story "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry?  I was reminded of it by several of these stories. Everyone on here is so distrusting of the true  motives of the giver. Maybe they should not be judging others by themselves....? I told my husband to go ahead and buy me a bathrobe for Christmas...he would be the only one to see it, so to choose what he liked...he bought a pink, quilted,[url=http://www.vanscheapshoesvans0.com]Womens Vans Running Shoes Purple[/url], zip-up number with little flowers and bows...when I stopped laughing I asked him just how childish he thought I was (I was 28 at the time)...his feelings were hurt but I wasn't wearing it...period. This makes me think of the time I gave my ex fiance money to go to the store and get us a new alarm clock (he had no money to do so). It was around Valentines day, and he comes back with a so so alarm clock and a mug with hearts on it (I didn't drink coffee at the time) and candy. He pretty much bought a half ass gift with my money to give to me. *nods* Was great. I'd have perfered something thoguhtful and free instead of halfassed and bought with my own money... that was meant for something else. When you get a big box of chocolate, etc.,[url=http://www.vanscheapshoesvans0.com]Vans Sk8 Hi Skull Black[/url], especially ones that you don't like,  the strategy is to simply open it up on the spot. Share it all around right then, and keep passing it around until the box is empty.  Problem solved!  You have generously shared , and the candy is gone... "“Last year, I lost almost 25 pounds, and then my so-called friend gives me two pounds of See’s candy for Christmas?” Sheree, 30, griped. “At first I thanked her and was thinking it was a really nice gift. I love See’s candy. But then after I ate half the box and felt disgusted about myself, I realized that it was actually a mean gift. She’s not my friend, she’s jealous.”"Uh, I'm pretty sure your friend just got you candy because they knew you liked them. They're not jealous or trying to sabotage your diet just because you have no self control. You can eat candy AND lose weight. It IS possible. You just can't eat half a box of candy at once. THAT'S the difference.  @emergency.urgently I agree with you that you can eat one candy at a time or so and lose weight. The friend could truly be jealous. The lady that got that candy , interacts with the lady all year and probably knows. I know if someone is jealous of me and I am sure you as well. Just wanted to make the point. The truth is that you nor I actually know. I have a pretty passive aggressive MIL. One year, she sent us a typical son & daughter-in-law Christmas card and put big quotation marks around "daughter-in-law" on the front of the card. I don't know if she was trying to be funny or if she was making a statement but it made me feel as though I wasn't really a part of the family, that she felt our marriage was a temporary situation or something. I honestly don't know what else could it have meant and it still hurts when I think about it.Another example: Last Christmas, she made a big deal about how we should all shop locally for our Christmas gifts to each o
Related articles:

頁: [1]